Monday, April 22, 2013

Labyrinth

I got back from my Holy Yoga Retreat a week ago.  It was bittersweet to leave Phoenix.  The weather was beautiful, the food was awesome, the community was amazing, the entire experience was healing.  I missed my family and I know that I couldn't stay away on that "mountain" forever.  I received many texts, emails and facebook messages encouraging me during the week and wanting to know all about retreat.  I am blessed to have all of you in my life.  To encourage me, pray for me and get excited for me.

I don't have words to express my week at Spirit in the Desert.  I went there broken, with many walls around my heart.  Walls that I had put up to protect myself, but they weren't protecting me.  Walls that God started taking down while I was there.

I'm going to try to share some bits and pieces of that amazing week with you.  Hopefully it comes when He wants it to.

One evening I decided to walk the labyrinth.  As I started I was walking with my arms crossed.  After realizing this I told myself I need to be open to the process.  I let my arms go and He truly started to speak to me.  It's in my personality to always know where I'm going.  To figure out where the path is going to lead me.  As I walked the labyrinth I would try to figure out where it was going to go next.  I was almost always wrong.  What does that mean?  To me it means that His process in how we get somewhere is so much greater than the way I would do it.


Walking the labyrinth of life is a process.  My ways/thoughts/plans are not the way He wants me to go.  I want to go in the most direct route with the least amount of detours.  This is how I am on road trips, just ask my family, I do not like to stop.  God wants me (us) to learn from the journey of life.  There are twists and turns in life that He will use for the good.  

I had a friend tell me that when taking a step back from her life and looking over the paths that God has led her and her family on it's just beautiful.  It hasn't always been pretty or without pain, but it is beautiful.  To know that you let Him lead you through the dark times.

Blessings,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment